Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!


Quote of the Day:
It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given
us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the
poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is
the soldier , not the organizer who has given us
freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who
salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag and
whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows
the protester to burn the flag.
--Charles M Province
I tried to post this yesterday on Veterans day but it wouldn't let me load the photo because the internet is slow here. This is a picture in front of our plane with some Bulgarian and African soldiers. It has been an interesting experience here and its interesting to see how all of this plays a part in the big picture. I am thankful for the opportunity to be here, it has opened my eyes to many things. Like How I am thankful to be an American. It is truly a wonderful country and I am thankful for all those who have offered up there lives so that it is possible to live in freedom. I am thankful for those who are presently fighting for our freedom who take time away from their families so that they and we might have better lives. I'm thankful also for the opportunity to serve. I am a better person for it and it has given me strength that I didn't even know that I had. And it has presented opportunities such as these that I otherwise would never have had. With out these veterans, and the brave souls that have given their life our country wouldn't be what it is today. No.. its not perfect, but considering the places i've seen its pretty darn great, so when you see someone who is wearing the uniform thank them for their sacrifice. They do it so you don't have to, So from me to all the service men and women out there past and currently serving...THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment