Monday, October 26, 2009

No more Cows or Cakes!!!


QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Love is a sweet tyranny, because the lover endureth his torments willingly"


I was at work the other day, and this girl and I were giving love advice to one of our male co-workers. We were giving him insight into the girl mind (which is a very complicated place, even when you think you've got it figured out.... it changes. Which is our right as women to do.) As she was telling him how girls think it hit me that the bad example she was using just so happened to fit me. Which is sad. I am normally a very opinionated person when it comes to relationships and how men treat women. I promised myself long ago that I would never let myself be financially dependant on a man because with my luck, I will be that 40 something woman with no education and no job experience except being a mom who's husband left her for his secretary. So with this frame of mind how did I end up in this situation??? I also firmly believe that you teach people how to treat you. I've heard over and over why would a man buy the cow when he can get the milk for free? Or he just wants his cake and eat it too. What do these mean? And why do we do this to ourselves? If I knew the answer I wouldn't be baking cakes and handing out free milk. Are women also creatures of habit? Maybe we go for the ones who like the free milk to keep us "distracted" or occupied until the next one comes along. Maybe we are too afraid to be alone. Which is lame, but true in many cases. So as of today, no more baking cakes and no more handing out free milk. Who am I not to get out of life what I want? I deserve it just as much as the next person. Standing alone is so hard, but you don't find what you are made of until you do.

1 comment:

  1. Just what I had in mind, your wisdom. But ya know. There are men who will travel far and wide, risking their lives, for the best milk. Make yours the best and you'll loose the ones seeking free milk. Hmm, all this talk of milk, makes me want brownies. YOu rock sista girl.

    ReplyDelete